PhoenixBio's Response to COVID19
Dear Valued Customers, Collaborators and Partners,
We are writing this letter to ensure you that the PhoenixBio Group continues to operate at full capacity and is committed to assisting our customers, collaborators and partners with their research needs during this extraordinary time.
We are monitoring, around the clock, the global outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking all the appropriate measures to mitigate the potential impact of the unprecedented circumstances on our services and the health of our employees.
PXB-mouse®/PXB-cells® Production and Research Service Operations
- Our main PXB-mouse®/PXB-cells® production facility, study service site, laboratories, and the headquarters are located in Higashi Hiroshima City in Hiroshima, Japan, which is considered to be a low-risk zone as no COVID-19 positive patients have been reported as of March 26th, 2020.
- Our CRO partners in Japan and North America are currently operational with no disruption in their study service capacity. PhoenixBio also has a supportive PXB-mouse/PXB-cells production facility in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- There is no disruption in the import of test materials & export study service samples. Shipping & receiving is currently fully operational at all of our locations.
- Therefore, at this moment we do not have any significant concerns in the production of both PXB-mice and PXB-cells, as well as the operations of our research services.
Business and Alliance Operations
- Although the main functions of PhoenixBio’s Research Planning & Business Development are located in New York City, NY, USA, where the virus is widely spreading, we implemented full remote work of all the staff on March 10th, 2020, prior to the start of mass outbreak of the virus in New York City.
- PhoenixBio also maintains marketing functions in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada with staff having remotely working since March 16th, 2020.
- We have halted any in-person meetings at this moment and are proceeding with teleconferencing communications and consultation with our customers, collaborators and partners.
- We are dedicated to providing full-scale business and alliance operations, while protecting the health of our customers, collaborators and partners as well as employees, under this current situation.
PhoenixBio continues to take all the necessary steps to prevent potential future infection of the COVID-19 virus to our employees and optimize the business operations under the current situation. We continue to operate at full capacity and are committed to assisting our customers, collaborators and partners with their research needs.
We thank you very much for your trust during this dynamic situation.